How do I avoid coverage surprise on my boat insurance?
If you own a boat with a value greater than $1,000, or with a motor over 24hp, or longer than 15 ft, you may require a special watercraft policy. Depending on the size and value of your boat, we recommend the following features be included on your policy or you may be left out in the cold when it comes time to file a claim.
- Comprehensive "all risk" coverage on boat and motor
- Replacement cost coverage for repairs
- Agreed value for total losses
- A minimum of 500 miles for land transportation
- $1,000,000 Protection and Indemnity liability
- A minimum of $500 for personal effects